1. Can you share a tale of a favorite summer cookout/get together?
Between the ages of 10 and 16 I live in a a exurban community near Atlanta, Georgia. Like Atlanta is, folks were from everywhere. There were damn Yankees like I was, Looosiana, 'Bama, Kansasasasites. Anyway, I am a Independence Day baby and there was ALWAYS a party. Not always for me but always some gathering of people. I remember the years when the Raimers hosted the hog roast. Good times. Oysters, pork rind, water melon, heat, adults, kids by the dozens, no boundaries or borders.
2. What is a favorite summer ritual of yours?
The 'magic' of the solstice when the sun stops going north and returns to the south again combined with aphelion when the earth stops running from the sun and realizes she must return to the her place in our region of the cosmos.
3. After a long hot summer day, what is your favorite way to quench your thirst?
Sweaty sex and the perspiration roiling down your neck.
4. The 4th of July is coming up, what plans, if any, do you have?
I'll be in Chicago with deanchaseis and his two girls.
5. What are you looking forward to doing most before the summer ends?
Saying hello to YOU. Yes YOU!
Copy and paste to your own journal, then reply to this post with a link to your answers.
If you'd like to suggest questions for a future Friday Five, then do so here: